7. I’ve found that I prefer going places by myself…I don’t have to feel guilty over the million petty things one usually gets to feel guilty about. I can go at my own pace, choose my own path. It’s freeing.
8. You’re responsible for yourself – you know how much has to be put aside for the rent, the electricity, and you know exactly how much is in the bank account. So, you don’t have to feel guilty over buying books. No one will judge your purchases.
9. You can completely be yourself at home. W all say that if you’ve met the right one, you can be yourself…but how many times have you just wanted to dance in the living room, sing David Bowie songs off tune, whatever, yet still you got looks?
10. You can have as many covers on the bed as you want. You can also read in bed until 2:00 am and not feel badly.
11. If you exercise, if you diet, dye your hair, it’s not to try and maintain someone. It’s for your self. (Or it should be…I know people who let themselves go when they have someone, and firm up when they don’t, which is really sad.)
12. Full control over evenings and weekends.
13. You can pour care into friends who need it without worrying that your so will feel slighted.
Feel free to add to my list!
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!