Sword hilts on display at the Kelvingrove Museum in Glasgow, Scotland.
1. Cup hilt rapier, early 17th century, Spanish.
2. Swept-hilt rapier, about 1600, English hilt, German blade.
3. Fencing sword, mid-16th century, Italian hilt, Spanish blade.
4. Swept-hilt rapier, late 16th century, probably German.
5. Katzbalger, early 16th century, German.
6. Two-handed sword, about 1550, German.
7. Two-handed sword, late 16th or early 17th century, Highland Scottish.
What a fine collection of quillon configurations
OMG so much beauty. I especially love the cup hilt. Look at that lacy, elegant metal!